Error: Received conflicting packet

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Mon Oct 12 07:07:05 CEST 2009

Ivan Kalik wrote:

>> That is, not many (if any) of our "Receved ..." lines are due to what
>> could be considered a NAS timeout, and they should be treated like
>> "Discarding ...", that is, the new request should be dropped.
>
> No, NAS qouldn't wait on your script to finish so it gave up and has tried
> again with a *different* request. Reason for that is that it isn't waiting
> for a response for an initial request any more.
Our radius-server timeout is high enough: 4 minutes. Once again: I
suppose that what freeradius thinks of as "Received conflicting packet
..." are rather a bit delayed packets normally treated as "Discarding
conflicting packet ...", i.e. they arrive at freeradius in maybe 1.01+
second after the first request, but freeradius drops the current request
instead of the new one. Soon I'm gonna rebuild freeradius with changed
tv_sec and check that.

OK, unless someone supports this idea the matter is closed for now. Many
thanks to anyone.