1.Troubleshooting MySQL Connections , 2. troubleshooting possible memory leak

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 12 12:13:05 CEST 2009

Stefan A. wrote:
> I still see the memory consumption rising over the time
> Output from top every 5 Minutes:
> SIZE/RES
> 16M/13M
> 34M/32M
> 53M/51M
> 71M/69M
> ...it rises about 3-4 MB per Minutes.

  Ugh.

> I read about some issues and tried 2.1.7... still the same.

  Because the code in rlm_sql.c hasn't changed.

> My Setup:
> SUN X4100, 8GB, Solaris 10 5/09
> Configured and installed incl. MySQL, but even if I disabled it for runtime,
> the memory rises.
>
> What would be a good start to debug this?
> Is there a possibility, to see, which part of the running radiusd consumes
> what amount of memory?

$ ./configure --disable-shared

  That will cause all of the libraries to be linked into the server.
You'll also need to edit src/main/Makefile, and delete:

LINK_MODE	= -static -all-static

  That will let the modules be linked into the server, but will keep the
server in a form that valgrind can use.