Postgres

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 15 11:33:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I would like to get Freeradius working with a PostgreSQL database: are
> there any handy HOWTOs or Tutorials that explain how to do this?

some stuff here:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sql

basically, FreeRADIUS comes with the required SQL schema for RADIUS and
NAS access with SQL (postgres, mysql, oracle or mssql).  you will need to
apply this schema to your SQL - after creating a suitable user and database
for it. then you need to configure the relevant $raddb/sql/* stuff and
add the required bit to $raddb/sql.conf   once you have configured
the SQL, you can then add it as a call in the main server(s) - either 'sql'
or with whatever name you called the SQL instance (if you have multiple
SQL configs).

basically,

configure sql.conf
configure sql/postgresql/*

edit sites-enabled/* (as appropriate) to call the SQL stuff in
authen/author/acct/etc

check debug logs thoroughly to see why/what and how things work/dont work

alan