Windows client MS-chap auto-reauthentication

Doc Phillips foolsday74 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:26:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Doc Phillips wrote:
> > I'm trying to prevent rogue devices from connecting to production and
> > obviously only allow valid users & devices.  The current setup states
> > members of domain computers or domain users are allowed to auth against
> > the radius server.  Do you know if its possible through freeradius to
> > allow these devices AND these users only?
>
> > Yes.  FreeRADIUS can do machine && user authentication against Active
> >Directory, using Samba.
>
>  Thanks I'll research that further.

> >  We're using eap-peap-mschapv2
> > as our current authentication method.  Is there a way using
> > --require-membership-of to combine users AND groups perhaps through some
> > type of regular expression?
>
> > I'm not sure what that means.

I was thinking something along the lines of
"--require-membership-of=domain\\ computers" &&
"--require-membership-of=domain\\ users".  You can only access the network
if you're logging on from a valid machine with valid credentials.  Does that
make sense or am I totally off?

Thanks again for all the help!!