custom script for access

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Mon Oct 26 19:52:00 CET 2009

I have an Asterisk (PBX-in-a-Flash) system running freeRADIUS version
1.1.3 i686-redhat-linux-gnu.

Running on CentOS 5.2 - soon to be upgraded to 5.3.

I need to setup an account on the freeradius server that can be accessed
by another system as a radius server - not the problem.

I then need to have freeradius call a script that checks additional
credentials before allowing the user to be accepted or rejected access
to the system they are on.

This check can take a few seconds to complete.

This could be similar to someone using an RSA or other token - but it is
not a token.

So basically I need to have freeradius after verifying login/password,
call the script and depending upon the outcome either allow or deny the
user access.

The script for testing could be as simple as:

                If minute is EVEN = allow in and say an appropriate
message

                If minute is ODD   = do not allow access and say an
appropriate message

I have read most of the .conf files but am still confused.  Is there a
HOW-TO that shows a simple example?

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D