problem regular expressions in hints file

Ana Gallardo ana.gallardo.77 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:58:50 CET 2009

> > Hello, I'm using Debian and Freeradius 2.0.4-3
> >
> > I want to use the hints file to add an attribute named Intentos-Reject.
> > I would like to use only one DEFAULT entry to match with @domain.es
> > and with @temp.domain.es
>
>   Don't use "hints" for that.

Sorry, but I don't understand. I need to add an attribute to the request

# /etc/freeradius/hints
#       The hints file.   This file is used *to match*
#       *a request, and then add attributes to it*.  This ...

I use this attribute later, in users file, to reject users:

# /etc/freeradius/users
DEFAULT Intentos-Reject > 10, Auth-Type := Reject
        Reply-Message = "NUMERO DE INTENTOS FALLIDOS(%{Intentos-Reject})
EXCEDIDO"

 The Suffix attribute matches a suffix, not a regular expression.

OK

>  Use "unlang" for this kind of matching.  See "man unlang"

I saw unlang, but, Where must I use unlang? In hints file?

This it not OK:

# /etc/freeradius/hints
DEFAULT (Suffix == "@domain.es" || Suffix == "@temp.domain.es")
         Intentos-Reject = ...

Sorry if my questions are stupid and sorry for my english.

Thanks Alan

 Ana Gallardo Gómez