Send Reject When User Logged In Already

boyali kus boyalikus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:43:40 CET 2009

Dear Mr. Alan,

It's a pleasure to get a response from you.

I have read the document several times. There is some point I cannot
make clear.

The document says:
1. PREREQUISITES :  You need to have perl installed.
Why? I do not want to query the NAS against the user attempting to
connect to see if it is connected already. The only data I want to
consider is radacct table. I added Simultaneous-Use:=1 also but no
luck.

I can only limit the user by writing a custom stored procedure for
authorize_check_query. Inside this procedure I check the radacct table
if there is a record of this user with a null int acctstoptime. It
works.

But I want to understand why simul_count_query does not work, although
I uncommented it.

This might be -and probably it is- a newbie question but I am really
confused. How can I make the Simultaneous Use limit work, without
writing custom stored procedure and without installing perl to query
NAS?

Best Regards