Simple Accounting 'radrelay' functionality - Version 2.1.6

Craig Campbell craig at ccraft.ca
Tue Sep 1 17:22:02 CEST 2009

Thanks for your help.

I have downloaded the pre 2.1.7 version and taken a look at the
radrelay.conf file as well as trying to find the specific info for Virtual
Servers you reference below.  (Not certain I found what you wanted me to on
that one.)

I had gathered that the new version of freeradius used the existing detail
files as source for the relay options, so it was no longer necessary to
create a duplicate detail_relay file.  Is this incorrect?

>From the context of your message, does the relay source need to be a
specific hard coded name?  (i.e. the detail_relay file I thought I no longer
needed?)

Given the relative simplicity of what I need to do, do you know how the
current developers/designers envisioned this being achieved?  I want to keep
everything as 'standard' as possible.

Old way (as I understand it):
        1) Create a duplicate detail_relay file for each server you need to
send duplicate accounting records to.
        2) Run a radrelay process to scan (and truncate) the detail_relay
file as it is written to and read fully.

New way is?:
        a) radiusd process relays records from existing detail files to
other radius accounting (home) servers?  (No detail_relay file required?)

Thanks,
-craig