How to proxy accounting requests to multiple destinations

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 4 07:57:25 CEST 2009

Dánial Olsen wrote:
> Yes, this has also been my assumption and I've tried this but I've failed
> in making both instances proxy the packet.

  So.... what does the debug log say?

> There must be something I'm not getting because I don't see how I can
> have two realms with one pool and home_server each in proxy.conf and match
> the accounting packet against both realms?

  I think you're missing something simple.  The suggestion was to use
two detail files.  It looks like you're not doing that.

  1) write incoming packets to 2 detail files
  2) configure TWO versions of copy-acct-to-home-server
  3) profit

> Currently I'm testing with this line in acct_users:
> DEFAULT        Proxy-To-Realm := "myrealm"

  You need to do that *differently* for *each* virtual server.  Delete
the "files" entry from the preaccounting section of each virtual server,
and replace it with:

	update control {
		Proxy-To-Realm := foo
	}

  You can then change the destination realm in each virtual server.