intel Proset/wireless -> OK // windows zero config wireless -> KO

Jaulin Bernard Bernard.Jaulin at ilem.ch
Sun Sep 6 17:48:22 CEST 2009

Hi all,

After many weeks with no results, It's time to find  help !

Debian : 5.0
Freeradius : 3.0.4 (with openssl)
Samba : 3.2.5
AD : Windows 2008
PEAP & MSCHAPV2
CISCO AP

Here is the problem.
We use  MSCHAP V2  with PEAP for Windows and Linux Client, the problem is so strange. On HP laptops with Intel Proset wireless or IBM Thinpad with Thinkvantage tools the connection was successful.
The same laptop with Windows zero config wireless client or Linux (Fedora, Debian) impossible !
No error on log debug, just an authentication silently failed.
Yes certificates have Windows OID client/server (xpestensions)

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Bernard.

PS : No, I don't want to use  MS Radius !!
Bernard Jaulin - ilem S.A.
Administration systèmes
* +41 (0)79 593 22 46
Route de la Galaise, 32