Howto Authenticate Undefined Users

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Sep 9 17:36:56 CEST 2009

Matthias Cramer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have all user in a mysql database. This part works well.
>
> Now I like to be able to assign all users which are not defined in the database some
> special attributes for their session (goal is to bring them onto a captive portal).
>
> I have played with the DEFAULT entries, but they get assigned to all users as it looks like.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction please ?
>
> Regards
>
>   Matthias

I would try to set Hint in radcheck, check for the hint in either the
users file, unlang or the policy and set the attributes there.

Be aware that using cisco-avpair to control vrf and ip address requires
that vrf be set before ip address are assigned, and you would have to
strip out any offending attributes first, so unlang or policy language
could be better for you.

You might also want to reverse the order sql and files modules in the
authorize section.