Pre-release of 2.1.7

Thor Spruyt thor.spruyt at telenet.be
Wed Sep 9 18:58:06 CEST 2009

Just wondering... i have an empty users file, and i use rlm_sql only to fetch the Cleartext-Password in the authorize section, like this:
SELECT 1,username,'Cleartext-Password',password,':='  FROM account WHERE username='thor'

I then get this message in the debugging output:
WARNING: Please update your configuration, and remove 'Auth-Type = Local'
WARNING: Use the PAP or CHAP modules instead.
User-Password in the request is correct.

I don't have "Auth-Type = Local" anywhere, nor with :=

If I put "DEFAULT Auth-Type := PAP" in the users file, everything still works like I want it and the WARNING messages are gone.

However, I'm not sure whether the system is suggesting to always set Auth-Type in the authorize section (could come from SQL query also) or whether I should just ignore those WARNING messages...

Regards,
Thor.