Overriding proxy response

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Wed Sep 9 20:31:18 CEST 2009

I would like to override failed (rejected, timed out) proxy responses with
local authentication data. IOW, if the proxy request fails, I want to
process the request locally.

It looks like the proxy reply trumps local authorization/authentication, and
I can't find a way to override the proxy's response code.
%REQUEST_PROXY_REPLY in rlm_perl doesn't contain the response code.

If this was the opposite way (don't proxy for accounts that exist locally),
it seems I could remove Proxy-To-Realm to prevent proxying.

Is there a way to do the opposite (perform proxying and override the proxy's
response with local auth)?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o