Checkrad / Simultaneous-Use clarification please

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 10 10:16:18 CEST 2009

Craig Campbell wrote:
> We currently have users that log in both with and without realms.

  Well... then you have to manage that.

> In radutmp we log the stripped username (i.e. no realm component).

  Why?

> Since the radutmp data has no realm  part for the username, how do I get
> the Simultaneous-Use code to check the username without the realm
> component? Currently the realm portion is carried through until the
> accounting processing (for radutmp).

  I don't understand.  You give radutmp a stripped user name, but you
don't give the session checking a stripped user name?

  If you want to check the stripped user name... then use it.

> If I understand correctly, fred at comfort will pass Sinultaneous-Use
> because radutmp is logging these as just "fred".

  Yes.  Because you told it to treat them as different users.

  If you want the simultaneous checking to check the stripped user name,
then strip the user name...