Overriding proxy response

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 12:50:00 CEST 2009

Hi,
> John Morrissey wrote:
> > I would like to override failed (rejected, timed out) proxy responses with
> > local authentication data. IOW, if the proxy request fails, I want to
> > process the request locally.
>
>   That can't really be done with the current server.  You will need to
> hack the source code to get this done.

I guess this can be done with current system by configuring a local
virtual server and adding that to the pool list for
that proxy realm.  this would mean that if one (or more) proxies failed
then this local virtual server would eventually get hit...of course,
this would *NOT* work if a remote proxy did send back a REJECT .
a reject is pretty much end of line...and always should be IMHO
(who are you to question a remote authentications knowledge? ;-) )

alan