Vista PEAP troubleshooting

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Sat Sep 12 06:53:32 CEST 2009

>   i.e. ignore the documentation that comes with the server, and instead
> follow a *third-party* web site that is *years* out of date.
>
>   Why?  I've never been able to figure it out.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I don't understand it either, but everyone seems to do it (and everyone
cannot be idiots).

Maybe the following will work (and alleviate a lot of irritation).

Add a global configuration parameter, with a default of yes.
"documentation warning = yes"

Also document the "documentation warning" parameter asking package
maintainers to please NOT switch it off.

If it is on, Freeradius will spit out the following when it starts up to
as many places it can.  syslog, log files, stdout (even in non-debug mode).

***                                                 ***
***        WARNING  WARNING  WARNING  WARNING       ***
***                                                 ***
*                                                     *
*   This server comes with a lot of documentation     *
*   PLEASE READ IT!                                   *
*                                                     *
*   A lot of third party web sites are out of date    *
*   and therefore give incorrect or invalid           *
*   instructions for setting up the server            *
*                                                     *
*   You will find the best documentation in:          *
*   1) the doc directory                              *
*   2) the configuration files,                       *
*   3) http://www.freeradius.org/                     *
*   4) http://deployingradius.com/                    *
*                                                     *
*   Some packages to not include the documentation    *
*   If so, please download the tarball                *
*   Please also read the FAQ.  If you don't come      *
*   right, please see the section titled              *
*   "It still doesn't work"                           *

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC
Tel: (021) 883-8271
Fax: (021) 886-7782