freeradius mysql errors

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 14 10:29:31 CEST 2009

ramesh p wrote:
> I'm seeing the following errors in radius.log. Could anybody tell me how
> to fix those?

  Google.

> Mon Sep 14 01:10:14 2009 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Socket not connected
> Mon Sep 14 01:10:14 2009 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket
> to MySQL server radius at xx.xx.xx.xx:LWT <mailto:radius at xx.xx.xx.xx:LWT>
> Mon Sep 14 01:10:14 2009 : Error: rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Bad handshake'

  Google 'mysql error bad handshake'

> Do i need to increase the number of sql sockets? (at present 15)
> Or do i need to increase the no of requests that radius can keep track
> of(At present 1024)
>
> Please suggest.

  Your database is broken.  Fix it.  No amount of playing games with
FreeRADIUS will fix the database.

  Really.  Nearly ALL of the problems you've run into have been database
problems.  All we can do to help is tell you to go fix the database.
Stop asking questions on this list until your database works.

  What do we need to say to convince you that your database is broken?