Authentication password used by client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 14 10:57:06 CEST 2009

Christoph Schmidt wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Wireshark tells me

  Ah... so you're not interested in the answer.  You're interested in
arguing about it.

> AVP: l=18 t=User-Password(2): Encrypted
>
> According to your list it should be PAP, but PAP does not encrypt the
> passwords. Looking in the byte stream, I cannot find the configured
> password. So I have doubts that it's really PAP.

  You ask some of the leading RADIUS experts a question, and when you
get an answer, you tell them they're wrong.

  Why?

  You aren't a RADIUS expert.  You haven't read the RFC's.  You don't
understand why the password is encrypted.  Rather than believe someone
who does understand RADIUS, you come to a false conclusion based on a
lack of knowledge, and on an intentional disregard of the truth.

  Why are you wasting your time and mine?