dynamic-clients help

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon Sep 14 20:32:32 CEST 2009

> I am using freeradius 2.1.6 in CentOS 5.3 with mysql backend.
>
> As a follow up question to my previous posting, I have modified the
> following in dynamic-clients file.

Why did you feel the urge to modify anything apart from the shared secret???

> server dynamic_client_server {
>
> 	authorize {

Remove all this. Perhaps you should first read the comments in
dynamic-clients to see what is it used for?

> 		preprocess
> 		chap
> 		mschap
> 		suffix
> 		unix
> 		sql
> 		expiration
> 		logintime
> 		pap
> 		noresetcounter
> 		dailycounter
> 		monthlycounter
> 		accessperiod

So you added stuff you don't need and commented out what you do.

> 		update control {

Remove comments from this:

> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-IP-Address = "%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}"
> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-Require-MA = no
> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-Secret = "testing123"
> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname = "%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}"
> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type = "other"

You should leave this one commented out.

> 			#FreeRADIUS-Client-Virtual-Server = "something"
>
> 		}

This didn't match anything:

> 		if ("%{sql: SELECT nasname FROM nas WHERE nasname =
> '%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}'}") {

> I am not sure if I have to put all the modules as in the default file.

No. None. Read comments in the file to see what dynamic-clients example
actually does.

> In my "nas" table, I have following:

> nasname: 0.0.0.0
> shortname: <shortname>