AW: AW: Authentication with eap/mschapv2

Stefan Hotz stefhotz at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 18 11:28:44 CEST 2009

Yes it works with an entry in the user file

+- entering group authenticate {...}
[eap] Request found, released from the list
[eap] EAP/mschapv2
[eap] processing type mschapv2
[mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for s.hotz with NT-Password
[mschap] adding MS-CHAPv2 MPPE keys
++[mschap] returns ok
MSCHAP Success
++[eap] returns handled

It works as well if I try it with the ntlm command from the radius server

/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=domain--username=s.hotz

So is my guess correct that I have to investigate further in the ntlm_auth command in the mschap module?
I have tried different parameters. Right now it looks like:

ntlm_auth = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=%{mschap:NT-Domain} --username=%{%{mschap:User-Name}:-%{User-Name:-None}} --challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00} --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"