using SQL, where is Session-Timeout updated?

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Fri Sep 18 18:57:40 CEST 2009

09/18/2009 05:41 PM, Ivan Kalik::
>> sqlcounter dailycounter
>>     {
>>       counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
>>       check-name = Max-Daily-Session
>>       reply-name = Session-Timeout
>>       sqlmod-inst = sql
>>       key = User-Name
>>       reset = daily
>>       query = "SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime - \
>>                GREATER((%b - AcctStartTime::ABSTIME::INT4), ..."
>>     }
>> What is wrong?
>> freeradius does not start because " "SQL Counter" modules
>> aren't allowed in 'accounting' sections".
>> It is told to put it in 'accounting'...
> No, you weren't told to put it there. Read again my message about where
> are you supposed to list it.

from stock radiusd.conf, arround line #1488:
         #  [...]
         #  The module should be added in the instantiate, authorize and
         #  accounting sections.  [...]
Ivan, I merged your explanation with what is in the documentation.
Of course you did not tell me "accounting" but, I read it in radiusd.conf.

Should I remove it from "accounting {...}" or move it elsewhere?

When I think about it, placing it in "accounting" is a bit useless, because the
counter call occurs when "radreply" (after authentication).
It seems logical not to have to put it in here...

But as well as I begin with RADIUS in general,...

Your advices are welcome.

                                    +261 34 29 155 34