How to increase the accouting rate sent via Proxy?

Cristina Miyata cmiyata at lycos.com
Sat Sep 19 01:41:22 CEST 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Dear FreeRADIUS Users,

We are only using FreeRADIUS to proxy accounting to 2 different home servers. We are experiencing the problem of being able to send accounting to one of the home servers in a rate higher or equal to the rate it receives the accountings to be proxied.

It was observed that we loose per hour about 10 accounting requests send to this problematic home server.

We collected for 8 minutes all accounting requests received and sent in our FreeRADIUS server, and we got the following:

- 73,56 requests / second received from NAS

- 40 requests / second sent to the home server via Proxy

We configured the proxy to use load_factor = 40.~

Is there any other configuration we can change to increase the accouting rate sent via Proxy?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Cristina Miyata