Redundant SQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 20 10:38:28 CEST 2009

Garber, Neal wrote:
> Yup - I eventually did that too..  My concern is that if I list 2 sql instances and both have readclients=yes and either one is down, then FR won't start.

  That is an issue which could likely be fixed in a future release.

> I read another thread about this and it didn't seem like there was a way around this currently.  I would be willing to create an enhancement if you think it's a reasonable thing to do and if you would entertain the possibility of accepting the patch. If so, and you'd like to provide some guidance on how you'd like to see it implemented, let me know.  Or, I can propose something and ask for your feedback if you'd prefer.

  Source code patched.

> One more thing..  I'm having trouble getting redundancy to work in the dynamic client virtual server:
>
> authorize {
>   redundant sqlha {
>        sqlaugs
>        sqlroch
>   }
>
>   if ("%{sqlha: SELECT nasname FROM nas

  That doesn't work.  The expansion %{...} applies ONLY to modules, and
a redundant section isn't a module.

> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?  I thought about using an else block that uses the other sql module as a prefix; but, if that's needed, then what is the purpose of redundant?

  It depends on what you need.  The redundant sections work just fine
for normal queries to radcheck && radreply.  If you're doing %{...},
then the redundant sections don't apply.