Accounting copying to specific systems

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Sep 24 20:28:53 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Joe Maimon wrote:
>> It doesnt work with Home-Server-Pool, but it does work with Proxy-To-Realm.
>
>   Hmm... what does that mean?  If you put the "update" section inside of
> an "if" statement that never matches... it won't work.

The if matches just fine and updates with rlm_policy, but I couldnt get
something reasonable in unlang to parse successfully. I would appreciate
some tips.

>   The Home-Server-Pool code *should* work in 2.1.7.  I can double-check
> it tomorrow.

Thanks.

>> Also, I havent been able to figure out how to get unlang to do the job
>> here. Server wont even start with my attempt.
>>
>> Expected comparison at: =*
>> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/copy-acct-to-noc03-8e6[9]: Errors parsing
>> preacct section
>
>   See "man unlang".  The '=*" operator isn't supported.

So I should try regex =~ ".*" ?

That didnt work either.

>> Currently I am using the rlm_policy language.
>
>   Which isn't "unlang".  Those policies need to (a) be in separate
> files, and (b) follow the format outlined in raddb/policy.txt

They are, they work. My point was that I was hoping to find a way to use
unlang.

However, to use it like I use policy, seems like it might need some patches.

As I am currently carrying patches for rlm_policy, the question is
whether it is worthwhile to switch focus to unlang.