rlm

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 28 10:08:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

rlm_ldap doesnt work or cant compile? then you need to ensure that the required
LDAP packages are installed on your distro. this is a distro/linux question
and required such expertise and knowledge rather than a direct FreeRADIUS
issue -

to compiled FreeRADIUS with rlm_ldap you'll need 'openldap-devel' to be installed

to run with LDAP stuff, you'll need 'openldap' to be installed

yum install openldap-devel openldap

...if you built from source , you'll now need to blow away your made
files and start again. (cd wherever-you-put-sources ; make clean ; ./configure ... )

> not in the freeradius-server package(I rebuilt it 5 times and I paid
> attention to the output?

really? if so..and you didnt have the right development packages installed
you'd have see a nice WARNING regarding LDAP

> NB: I am fed up of this buuuuuuuuuuuuug! Neeed help!

its not a bug  :-)

alan