Expired unix system passwords

James Smallacombe up at 3.am
Wed Sep 30 18:53:59 CEST 2009

Hi:

We have a client running FreeRadius 2.1.6 on a Linux box authenticating
against shadow passwords.  I've gone over the radiusd.conf and it appears
that the expire module is enabled by default in the global config (there
are no virtual servers here).  However, FreeRadius appears to be ignoring
this attribute and authenticating users with expired passwords anyway.  I
tried expiring the account and that worked, but it would be much better to
have it respect expired passwords.

Is there something I missed?

TIA,

up at 3.am							    http://3.am