Start Freeradius at boot

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 19:57:13 CEST 2009

On 09/30/2009 12:52 PM, Paul.Blalock at gmail.com wrote:
> So I went back to a clean install of Fedora 11, followed the
> instructions on installing freeradius via yum.
> Then I issued the command:
>
> chkconfig --list radiusd (and got the following)
> radiusd 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
>
> so i entered sudo chkconfig radiusd on
> and then I got
> chkconfig --list radiusd
> radiusd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
>
> I then restart the computer to verify that it works correctly, and it
> does not. I still have to log into an account before the service starts.
> Is there anything else I can try to get this working correctly?

As previously asked before, what does "service radiusd status" report
after booting. If it says the service is not running then what does
"sudo service radius start" report? Did it fail? If you have most likely
have a configuration problem which is preventing the server from
starting. If so then what is the output of "/usr/sbin/radiusd -X"

If logging into a desktop session has any impact whatsoever then
something is horribly wrong, this is not normal at all. Are you sure you
didn't mess with "Startup Applications"?

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/