"Exiting normally" on FreeBSD -- Synopsis?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Apr 5 16:28:14 CEST 2010

All:

  Did anyone ever track this down? I'm assuming the consensus is
  that the kernel is SIGTERM'ing the process when it exceeds
  login_class(3) restrictions in login.conf(5)

  Obviously, other reports have eliminated the usual sources
  of signals as a cause.

  As for the root cause, are we talking about a memory leek
  introduced in a recent version or something less insidious,
  such as threading/process concurrency defaults that exceed
  defaults for non-root users?

  I'm still seeing documented behavior on freeradius-2.1.8 on
  FreeBSD/amd64 RELENG_8_0, but not RELENG_6_3.

  The only thing that I can see that has changed is the max open
  file limits

  6.3:
  open files                      (-n) 11095
  8:
  open files                      (-n) 3520

  I guess maybe lsof(8) or fstat(8) to try to track down
  possibly a file descriptor problem?

  Ahhh, Monday.

~BAS