Operator-Name not being logged

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 12:11:56 CEST 2010

On 04/06/2010 07:36 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Stefan Winter wrote:
>> That means pretty much every new RADIUS attribute will be hampered in
>> FreeRADIUS by their hijacking of more than half of the IETF's space!
>
>    Yes.

>> noticed that in other conflicting cases, the corresponding attributes
>> were put into a different .conflict dictionary file, and not by default
>> included on startup (dictionary.nokia.conflict). How about solving the
>> problem in this way? And is Ascend's use of their non VSAs still current
>> in recent products? Looks like rather rude practice to me...
>
>    There are a LOT of deployments using the old Ascend attributes.
> Breaking them when the server upgrades is problematic.
>
>    I'd like to find a better solution than forcing people to edit the
> dictionary files.  But as the IETF is allocating more and more
> attributes, the problem is getting worse.  It should really be addressed
> for 2.2.0.

We used to use a couple of Max6000's for dialup, and I'm 90% certain
that, as of a certain software version, there is an option to switch
over to using VSAs rather than the hijacked ones.

Given that those boxes were last upgraded prior to 2000, I wonder how
many people are really in the situation where they can't upgrade, and
are likely to be using FreeRadius 2.2?

It's not something I have much of an opinion on though - we binned them
years ago!