Check traffic quota / rlm_sqlcounter

Alexander alexander_austria at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 09:32:24 CEST 2010

Dear all,

please forgive me if this has been answered before but I have searched the list archive, FAQ and docs over and over again, without success so far.

What I want to achieve is *traffic quota* enforcement per user at login time. E.g. user is permitted a quota of 100 MB and authentication shall be rejected if the traffic limit is exceeded. What I understood so far is hat I need a script to do a traffic quota check at authentication and configure sqlcounter.conf accordingly.

Has anyone done this before with FR 2.1 plus rlm_sqlcounter and MySQL? Would someone share his *script* snippets and relevant config parts with me? Where do I have to include the script in FR to make it work? Help is really appreciated!

BTW: I am using a Cisco 7206/NPE-G1 w/ 12.4 as LNS.

Cheers,
Alexander