Getting the error rlm_jradius: problem packing the data[socket_send/first_read] at FreeRadius side

Humaira humaira.surve at smilecoms.com
Fri Apr 16 18:11:55 CEST 2010

Tejas Mudgal <tejas_gecg <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> HI,
>
> I am trying to integrate FreeRadius and JRadius. I am using
FreeRadius 2.1.8
and JRadius version 1.1.2

> When I am running both the servers and sending any test packets
to FreeRadius.
I am getting Acces-Accept at
> FreeRadius side but it is not forwarding Packet to JRadius.
>
> I am getting the following log on FreeRadius side..
>
> rlm_jradius: Reserving JRadius socket id: 7
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute User-Name (type: 1; len: 8)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute User-Password (type: 2; len: 6)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute NAS-IP-Address (type: 4; len: 4)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute Client-IP-Address (type: 1052;
 len: 4)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute Module-Failure-Message
(type: 1076; len: 24)
> rlm_jradius: packing packet with code: 1 (attr length: 106)
> rlm_jradius: packing packet with code: 0 (attr length: 0)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute User-Password (type: 2; len: 6)
> rlm_jradius: packing attribute Auth-Type (type: 1000; len: 4)
> rlm_jradius: sending 172 bytes to socket 7
> rlm_jradius: error sending request with socket 7
> rlm_jradius: Closing JRadius connection 7
> rlm_jradius: reconnecting socket id 7
> rlm_jradius: sending 172 bytes to socket 7
> rlm_jradius: error sending request with socket 7
> rlm_jradius: problem packing the data[socket_send/first_read]
> rlm_jradius: Closing JRadius connection 7
> rlm_jradius: Released JRadius socket id: 7
>
> And at JRadius side I am getting the following logs:
>
> java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
>         at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Unknown Source)
>         at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(Unknown Source)
>         at net.jradius.packet.Format.getUnsignedInt(Format.java:324)
>         at
net.jradius.freeradius.FreeRadiusListener.parseRequest
(FreeRadiusListener.java:98)
>         at
net.jradius.server.ListenerRequest.getEventFromListener
(ListenerRequest.java:78)
>         at
net.jradius.server.TCPListenerRequest.accept(TCPListenerRequest.java:70)
>         at net.jradius.server.KeepAliveListener.run
(KeepAliveListener.java:61)

> Please help me to understand the problem.
whether the two versions are not
compatible.

Hi,

I was wondering whether you've managed to resolve this
issue. I'm having the same problem. Not sure if its
because I haven't defined a handler. I've just
tried using the default jradius-config.xml