PopTop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Apr 20 02:41:44 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 07:16:52 pm Thibault Le Meur wrote:

> Please can you explain why you think it is obsolete ?

It addresses the configuration in single-file format rather than the
distributed file format that the current packaging (for Debian at least)
uses.

> By the way, since I wrote this page, I have switched to 2.1.8 without pb.

Arg!  Were you able to continue using the same configuration, or did it
require a full rebuild?

 I moved from a rather ancient Gentoo server that I believe was using an 1.x
version to Debian Lenny 2.0.4, then upgraded to the 2.1.8 backport, and I
can't get it to parse DOMAIN//user properly - it ignores the separator and
comes up with a null "realm".  Curiously, it later displays the username as
DOMAIN/name.

The current Debian packaging also requres that the mschap module file be
edited, and that a sites-available file be linked to sites-enabled.

Thanks for the reply.  I think it's always harder to maintain/upgrade an
existing configuration moved to a new platform than to build one from
scratch.