PopTop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Apr 20 22:16:08 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 02:44:33 pm you wrote:
> Oh, of course the PopTop howto supposes that you have a working FR
> setup, and that you're able to authenticate your user using MSCHAP !

Ok, maybe a mention of that in the howto.

> Where do you plan to manage your users account ?

I'd like to keep this as simple as possible, while still being able to
authenticate to the Samba/NT domain.  If I recall my NT stuff correctly, the
XP client should authenticate to the Samba server when a service is
requested, so it shouldn't matter whether I authorize to the Samba domain or
to the unix user account (users and passwords _should_ be synced).

Digging for evidence in the old 1.x files it looks like the auth may have
been "system", the following from the old proxy.conf:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
        Fall-Through = Yes

In fact, let me post the old configuration, maybe someone can help me figure
out what I'm missing.