PopTop

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Wed Apr 21 15:19:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:27:18PM -0500, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Progress, of a sort!
>
> In additition to the instructions in the PopTop doc, I have enabled ntdomain
> on lines 119 and 345 of /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default, and I have
> enabled nt_domainhack on line 37 of /etc/freeradius/modules/mschap.
>
> Now we move on to the following error:
>
> [ntdomain] Looking up realm "AABENSON" for User-Name = "AABENSON\jonathan"
> [ntdomain] No such realm "AABENSON"
>
> It's parsing it correctly, I just need to configure either a default realm or
> an actual NT Domain realm.

Yes. Notice that you don't actually have to do anything in it. This might
not be explained too well in the inline examples. proxy.conf shows an
example that says this implicitly:

realm LOCAL {
        #  If we do not specify a server pool, the realm is LOCAL, and
        #  requests are not proxied to it.
}

There is nothing (except for comments) in such a realm definition. But it
allows the modules that look up realms to proceed. Such as your ntdomain
realm instance, which will then create a stripped user name that you
probably want.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.