ntlm_auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 21 17:41:25 CEST 2010

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2010 01:43:19 am Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>>   Honestly.  I don't see what additional documentation we need to write,
>> when people won't read the existing docs.
>
> As I said before, the documentation is an excellent reference for a FreeRADIUS
> expert who knows how the system works and who knows each component required
> for a working system.

  The components required for a working system are:

	(a) a default installation
	(b) some common sense

  That's *it*.  The server is designed to work correctly in the widest
variety of circumstances.

> As an introductory guide for someone who doesn't know which pieces are
> necessary among the many, many options, it is clear as mud.

  Blaming the documentation doesn't change the fact that you went out of
your way to:

   (a) ignore the existing documentation that said DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING
   (b) edit randomly, and therefore destroy the default configuration

  There is *no* amount of additional documentation which can address
that problem.  Rather than reading the existing documentation and
following it, you claim that if there was just *more* documentation, you
would understand it better.

  I don't think so.