Zombie Infestation of Log file‏

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 21:30:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Any other suggestions on where I should look to see why the servers
> are marking the upstream servers as Zombie?  I failed to mention that
> the servers are marking only the accounting port on those servers as
> Zombie. Please let me know if you want the 9MB debug or if you have
> recommendations for making a smaller debug file.

usally because the remote server is not listening on its accounting
port or not configured for accounting  - the proxy in the middle
doesnt get a response so cant respond to you - hence zombie.

we see it commonly with remote servers that deal with AAA
for some of our services...after a brief discussion (which
usually involves a 'they do what?' or such, we change the realm
definition in proxy.conf to be just auth and drop the
accounting locally.

alan