FreeRadius 2.1.8 and MySQL

John Gammons jgammons at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:15:52 CEST 2010

All,

I have a 2.1.8 freeradius server running and have recently added MySQL
into the mix.  I am attempting to authenticate a user via EAP-TTLS
with a PAP inner (for simplicities sake atm).  The user is valid, in
the DB with Cleartext-Password, and auths fine when doing a radtest
(PAP), however, when EAP-TTLS is thrown in the mix it fails with the
following no auth type config'd error.  I also attempted to place an
Auth-Type == PAP into the DB, but that didn't help the EAP auth.  When
I remove MySQL, and revert to the users file, the user auths fine even
with EAP-TTLS and a PAP inner.  I have been scratching my head on this
one trying different settings and DB entries and looking at the logs,
but am failing to see what I am missing.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

++[mschap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "testing", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] Found realm "NULL"
[suffix] Adding Stripped-User-Name = "testing"
[suffix] Adding Realm = "NULL"
[suffix] Authentication realm is LOCAL.
++[suffix] returns ok
++[control] returns ok
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
++[pap] returns noop
No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Login incorrect: [testing/password] (from client purewave port 0 cli
00:1d:8f:00:03:4d via TLS tunnel)
} # server inner-tunnel
[ttls] Got tunneled reply code 3
[ttls] Got tunneled Access-Reject