proxy based on number of numeric char.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 26 21:42:51 CEST 2010

Agent Smith wrote:
> I'd like to have a radius proxy setup where it can proxy users based on number of numeric characters in the userid.
>
> so for example, if the userid is abc123 (with 3 numeric char. at the end) it should proxy to an instance of radius running on the same box and if the user id is abcxxx it should proxy the request to a different instance of radius running on the same box,
>
> is this doable or did I miss something in the documentation?

  There is nothing in the documentation that says how to do this exact
setup.

  What you can do is control proxying manually.  See raddb/proxy.conf,
and "man unlang" to put the pieces together.

authorize {

	if (User-Name =~ /^...$$/) {
		update control {
			Proxy-To-Realm := "foo"

  You will still need to configure realms.