error message connection to MySQL. (Error Message :rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 5, tried to connect 0)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 14:20:11 CEST 2010

You very helpfully deleted all the interesting information from the
debug log (please always post the full log). But you can do this
yourself. Take a look at sql initialization section and see what it's
saying about initializing the sql driver, in this case it should be
rlm_sql_mysql, that should answer most of your questions.

As to whether rlm_sql_mysql is in a different RPM, I can't help you as I
don't know Debian packaging, but it's easy to tell if one of the RPM's
you did install installed it, just looking in the freeradius library
directory (which is defined at the top of the main freeradius config
file (probably /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf)

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?