Capturing Access-Reject data in the radpostauth table

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Wed Apr 28 22:42:51 CEST 2010

On 4/28/2010 3:23 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:

>    Uh... did you update your schema to have a "message" colummn?

Yes, I have extended my radpostauth table with columns to hold the
message and the nasipaddress.  It is working perfectly if I use
'%{reply:Reply-Message}', but it is always empty if I use
'%{Module-Failure-Message}' in the same INSERT.  This is why I'm
confirming if I should have access to '%{Module-Failure-Message}' within
rlm_sql.

>    Module-Failure-Message is an attribute... just like anything else.  If
> you can figure out out to store attributes into SQL, you can store
> Module-Failure-Message in SQL.

This is not true, at least in my case.  See above.  Maybe I need to take
extra steps to expose that attribute in another part of the config, or
maybe I need to reference it with some sort of prefix, I don't know.
That's why I'm asking.

--Aaron