Rlm_Perl question

tyllerd tyllerd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:43:11 CEST 2010

Hello.

I realise how stupid this question sounds, but I just don't know the answer.

In the example file it says this

# Function to handle authenticate
sub authenticate {
       # For debugging purposes only

#       &log_request_attributes;

       if ($RAD_REQUEST{'User-Name'} =~ /^baduser/i) {
               # Reject user and tell him why
               $RAD_REPLY{'Reply-Message'} = "Denied access by rlm_perl
function";

               return RLM_MODULE_REJECT;
       } else {
               # Accept user and set some attribute
               $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-amount'} = "100";
               return RLM_MODULE_OK;

What is "/^baduser/i" ?

I am wanting to use the perl module with freeradius, but I am still learning
Perl and I currently have that (the example.pl) file running and have
replaced baduser with test.

so it looks like

# Function to handle authenticate
sub authenticate {
       # For debugging purposes only
#       &log_request_attributes;

       if ($RAD_REQUEST{'User-Name'} =~ /^test/i) {
               # Reject user and tell him why
               $RAD_REPLY{'Reply-Message'} = "Denied access by rlm_perl
function";

               return RLM_MODULE_REJECT;
       } else {
               # Accept user and set some attribute
               $RAD_REPLY{'h323-credit-amount'} = "100";
               return RLM_MODULE_OK;

However I can still login with test. I just would like to know should it be
"test", 'test'.. I have tried those and they also do not work, so maybe it
is something else. Thank you if anyone can help.