[OT?] Systemwide authentication on Windows

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Aug 11 02:30:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

I think I have a simple question: Today I upgraded from WPA-PSK to WPA
Enterprise and use PEAP-MSCHAPv2 for users (using logins) now and I want
to use EAP-TLS for machines.

How can I configure a WinXP machine such that login is *not* associated
to a user but to the machine? As such, WLAN connection should be
established before logon! (e.g. for roaming profiles)

It just works with WPA-PSK..

I tried to add the client certificate for EAP-TLS to the computer
certificate store. But the certificate is only found if it is in the
user's store :-(

This can't be true?! there must be a way to connect the whole machine
using a certificate (not just the current user) , mustn't it?

  Regards, Luke