Cisco WLC4402 - 802.1X - Android - Tunnel-Priv-Group-ID Failure

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 11 10:52:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

> We use cisco 1142 agn lightweight access points connected to a 4402
> Wireless Lan Controller

are you using PEAP or EAP-TTLS?

we have Android clients, 1142 (and 1131, 1242 etc) APs with WISM (4404)
controllers and are running version 7 of the code.

we are also running 2.1.9 of FreeRADIUS

I know that we are now probably comparing apples with oranges at this stage...
but I can say that we see the User-Name as expected with Android devices that
I've just hunted down - though I cannot say whether they are 1.4/1.5/2.0/2.1 etc
(cupcake, donut, eclair for those in that club ;-) )

are you copying the inner tunnel info to the outer?

an obfuscated radiusd -X might also help.....

alan