users file question

Aqdas Muneer aqdas.muneer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:38:49 CEST 2010

thanks you i tired that and it worked great. if you dont mind can you tell
me please why we had to set "fail = 1"? the reason i ask is that in my
policy i have a 'notfound' statement and it works just fine, but for fail i
have to set it to 'fail = 1'. below is the policy i have in place
        ldap {
               fail = 1
        }
        if (fail){
                files
        }
        elsif (notfound) {
                update reply {
                                Reply-Message = "Cannot use this user
account"
                             }
                reject
        }
Another question i have is that can i put in an unlang statement in the
post-auth-type reject to put in an update reply when the ldap server failed
and the user was not found in the fallback files. this way the user can be
prompted to use the fall back username/password

thanks for all your help in this matter.