Freeradius + WPA2 + Windows Client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 19 09:57:26 CEST 2010

rrperez wrote:
> I just commented out the pap and uncomment the ldap in the default and like
> I said, it is working fine but with windows client, it fails the
> authentication protocol which is mschapv2.

  Nonsense.  The output you posted showed an "mschapv2" module.  There
is *no* such module in the default server configuration.

  I don't think you're intentionally misleading us.  I *do* think you're
not paying attention to what you're doing, and you're not paying
attention to the messages on this list.

> My configuration is about freeradius authenticating its users from a domino
> ldap directory. If I uncomment the pap in the default, the server will
> perform pap authentication instead of ldap. I want an ldap authentication
> rather than pap because it is only the possible way for me to authenticate
> in the domino ldap.

  You've said that lots.  Repeating yourself like that is another sign
that you're not paying attention.

> By using this method, doing radtest on linux platforms within local network
> works. But with windows clients n the wireless authentication fails because
> it uses EAP-MSCHAPv2. (This is also the same if I use pap authentication)
>
> I just want to know if there are any EAP protocol aside from MSCHAPv2 that
> will work on windows clients?

  Read the messages on this list.  Your questions have been asked, and
answered many times.

  Now stop asking questions.  *All* of the questions you've asked have
been answered already.  Go back and read the responses.  If you keep
asking the same questions, you will be admitting that you're not reading
the responses, and that you're wasting everyones time.