Encountering error when using "radius -X"

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous at kezia.com
Fri Aug 20 16:05:32 CEST 2010

kartik dadwal wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>
> Can you tell me how to get rid of already installed freeradius?
> So that I can re-install it using synaptic or aptitude.

Funny Makefile :
# The $(R) is a magic variable not defined anywhere in this source.
# It's purpose is to allow an admin to create an installation 'tar'
# file *without* actually installing it.  e.g.:
#
#  $ R=/home/root/tmp make install
#  $ cd /home/root/tmp
#  $ tar -cf ~/freeradius-package.tar *
#
# The 'tar' file can then be un-tar'd on any similar machine.  It's a
# cheap way of creating packages, without using a package manager.
# Many of the platform-specific packaging tools use the $(R) variable
# when creating their packages.
#
# For compatibility with typical GNU packages (e.g. as seen in libltdl),
# we make sure DESTDIR is defined.
#
export DESTDIR := $(R)

So you probably don't have to take care of your make install. Perhaps
i'm wrong i don't have more time to check.
And if i'm wrong, then aptitude or synaptic will give an error message.

Use aptitude or synapic and give us the result of the install. If you
get an error message past it here.

Regards,

--
*Fabien COMBERNOUS*