Freeradius problem, EAP-TTLS works fine, EAP-PEAP does not

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Mon Aug 30 18:04:57 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is from a Win 7 client, using default configuration settings that
> is just username / password and that Authentication is PEAP:MSCHAPv2
>
>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.0.20 port 65513, id=112, length=163
>>       User-Name = "host/ramon"

>>  So... what *should* the User-Name look like?  This is for you to decide.
>
> I'm not sure I follow what you re saying here...
> I am only interested at this stage by the user name, not the computer
> name as part of the "User-Name"
>
> If you could point me to directions on how to configure the server for
> (b), it would be greatly appreciated.

I think what Alan is saying is look at what User-Name being sent by
the CLIENT. Your Win7 client log says the client is sending "User-Name
= "host/ramon"". If you want it to be something like, change the
client configuration. At this point, it has nothing to do with server
configuration.

There might be some checkbox somewhere on your Win7 that says
"Authenticate as computer when computer information is available" or
something like that. Uncheck it. Windows 7 user might be able to help
you more (or you could ask MS).

--
Fajar