Freeradius problem, EAP-TTLS works fine, EAP-PEAP does not

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 30 22:27:59 CEST 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> As requested.
> Here is the log from the Win 7 client, when it is configured in
> Advanced Settings -> 802.11X Settings -> Specify authentication mode:
> user authentication

  The first debug log shows the user being found by the "unix" module.
i.e. the User-Name has an entry in /etc/passwd, or the Apple equivalent.

  The second debug log shows that the user is *not* found by the "unix"
module.

> I'm not sure I follow what you re saying here...
> I am only interested at this stage by the user name, not the computer
> name as part of the "User-Name"

  I'm aware of that.  I'm saying that *you* need to figure out which is
which, and edit the configuration to use the right one.

> If you could point me to directions on how to configure the server for
> (b), it would be greatly appreciated.

  Edit raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel, the "authorize" section:

authorize {

	if (User-Name =~ /\/(.*)/) {
		update request {
			Stripped-User-Name := "%{1}"