use existing sql table for user-password

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Dec 2 08:40:29 CET 2010

On Thursday, December 02, 2010 08:39:18 am Alan DeKok wrote:
> Oguzhan Kayhan wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I want to use freeradius for wireless authentication.
> > I got an already installed mysql server, and some tables including
> > usernames and passwords.
> > I want to use this user/passwords with freeradius.
> > How can it be possible?
>
>   Yes.  Edit the queries in raddb/sql.conf.
>
>   The queries need to return data in the expected format, but the data
> can come from any column of any table.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Hi Alan and thanks for reply,

As i noticed (i might be wrong), there is only one setting for
authcheck_table.
My username and passwords are in a table that i shouldnt change its structure.

But for radcheck, i need to add attribute and value fields as i see.
How can i check just username and password from one table, and check other
attributes (AuthType etc) from another??

Should i modify dialup.conf file for that?? Or is there another way???