Attribute not passing to NAS?

mikal mpm at atceast.com
Tue Dec 7 08:12:36 CET 2010

Hi Rob,

Nope, no EAP with a Captive Portal.  But I just configured a VNS with EAP,
so I see what you're talking about.  But I think that the problem is that
the Filter-ID isn't being sent in the Access-Accept, and I'm pretty sure
that that's where it should be.  I didn't play with my radius configuration
yet, but I suspect that you (we?) need to modify your config so that the
Filter-ID attribute is sent with the Access-Accept.  All of the packets that
you see between the first Access-Request and the Access-Accept have to do
with setting up the tunnels, certificate validation, etc.

So yep, I see what you're seeing, but I think it's simply a small config
change on the Freeradius side to get it working correctly.  I just don't
know off-hand what needs to be changed, hopefully get a chance to poke
around tomorrow.